Chosing the right glass for an architectural project is a difficult decision. Performances, environmental impacts, prices... these are all important to make a choice.
At Saint-Gobain, we believe that aesthetics should be the first criteria. And we focus our R&D programs in this direction.
But what is aesthetics? How do we assess it? We have built a complete tool-box to help you in your choice: samples of course, but not only. Physico-realistic rendering of the glass aesthetics might help in the decision and avoid costly & non environmentally-friendly samples.
SAMPLES: HOW TO OBSERVE THEM
Experience aesthetics with our sample demonstrator
We designed this ‘Experience aesthetics’ box to enable you to appreciate glass aesthetics in good conditions.
You will find below two videos to guide you through the construction of this box and a live demonstration of how to use and properly observe samples.
How to build the box?
How to observe samples?
GLASSPRO: physico-realistic rendering
GlassPro is a unique service to compare coatings based on their aesthetics, without producing any samples.
- GlassPro App: to compare standard configurations (6-16-4)
- GlassPro Live: a custom service to compare specific glazing configurations
- STEP 1: observe the coatings on a 'GlassKubus'
- STEP 2: observe the coatings on an 'Urban Scene'
- STEP 3: observe the coatings on your real building (complete 3D modeling).
All info here: www.saint-gobain-glass.com/glasspro
TWO of our LATEST INNOVATIONS to TEST
Our sample demonstrator is delivered with 2 samples of our latest innovation:
- COOL-LITE SKN 183: a very neutral double silver solar control glass, with extremely high light transmission
- COOL-LITE XTREME Silver II: a very nice triple product, with a silverish & reflective aspect.
|COOL-LITE SKN 183||COOL-LITE XTREME Silver II|
|Light transmission (TL %)||74.6%||49.0 %|
|Solar factor (g)||0.4||0.25|
|Ug||1.04 W/m².K||1.04 W/m².K|
|Outdoor reflection (RLe %)||12.0 %||29.5 %|
|Indoor (RLi %)||13.0 %||18.0 %|