SPIDERGLASS is a modern solution for exterior bolted glass assemblies, which secures the glazing to a support structure by means of point-fixings
The high-grade stainless steel fixings are designed to absorb all static and dynamic loads (i.e. the dead weight of the glass, wind loading, snow loads and differential expansion due to temperature difference) and distribute them to the support structure.
Intermediate elements which are inserted between the bolt and the glass ensure:
- uniform transmission of stresses whilst avoiding local stresses;
- a watertight facade.
The system incorporates SECURIPOINT (specially toughened) glass.
SPIDERGLASS is now also certified as blast-enhanced to ISO 16933 “Glass in Building – Explosion resistant security glazing – Test and classification for arena air blast loading”.
- The glazing is pre-milled and adapts perfectly to the shape and size of the head of the fasteners.
- Diameters of the available bindings: 36 and 50 mm.
Glass thicknesses compatible with fixing systems
Point S system:
- 8 to 19 mm in monolithic glazing
- from 17 mm (68.4) to 30 mm (15 12.4) in laminated glazing
Point D system:
- from 29 mm (8-15-6) to 53 mm (10 10.4–15-66.4), with compositions which may include one or two sides of laminated glazing.
Dimensions: from 2400 to 4500 mm.
For larger dimensions, do not hesitate to contact our sales representatives.
Glazing compatible with Point S and Point D systems.
- All the glasses are tempered (SGG SECURIPOINT) and Heat Soak Test (HST) treated, identifiable by a specific marking.
- VEA systems can be composed of solar control glazing from the SGG COOL-LITE XTREME, SGG COOL-LITE SKN and SGG COOL-LITE ST BRIGHT SILVER ranges.
Transparency and natural light
Very discreet visible structure
Compatibility with solar control glazing, for even more comfort (use on roofs and glass roofs)
Possibility of integrating SentryGlas® structural spacer
Durability of the appearance of laminated glazing
Systems under Technical Approval, a guarantee of quality and safety